It is an indirect tax. Service tax is a tax on services provided .The provisions of service tax are contained in chapter V of the Finance Act, 1994 and administered by the Central Excise Department. The word ‘Service’ is not defined in Finance Act, 1994.
Under Service Tax we offer the following services :
- Registration under Service tax.
- Consultancy for maintenance of proper records.
- Consultancy for proper accounting for Service tax.
- Compilation of data of Cenvat credit.
- Assistance in availment of notified Abatements.
- Consultancy on various issues relating to Service Tax.
- Computation of Service tax payable.
- Preparation and filing Returns.
- Getting assessments done
- Utilization and availment of service tax credit in accordance with the Service Tax Credit Rules, 2002.